Saturday, November 15, 2008

This Weekend's Psychology Question

It may actually be more of a philosophical question than a psychological one.

Do you control your brain, or does your brain control you?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, I think neither. I don't think your brain controls you nor do I think you control your brain. I think it is more based on the situation. Maybe, you want your brain to control you? But maybe you do not. I think your brain just expresses your ideas, and you are the actual one who decides whether or not its a good idea.

Anonymous said...

i agree with nikki but i also think that you are what you know, you are going to do what your body wants and your going to do it if your brain agree's with it. Cause if you think about it, your brain is not another person it is yours so its not going to have itd own opinion, your brains "opinion" is your opinion, and no matter what you decide your brain cannot phsically stop you, i think it is mutual and equal.

benm said...

I think your brain controls you.
You can't really control your brain without your brain controlling your controlling of your brain, so technically your brain is controlling you.
...Yeah.

You don't really think about what you do, but at the same time, your brain is controlling what you are doing in the background.

I just confused myself.

Gee Nicolas said...

hahaha I agree w. Ben.. sorta... kinda.. in a way?.. oh man..

Mr. Paulson said...

heh, this was a question that was meant for my psychology class, but I appreciate the enthusiasm!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm better at psycology than world history. enough said.

benm said...

Where is Mr. Paulson with our question stuff? T-T

Mr. Paulson said...

what question stuff?

The KW said...

I think it's all about turns. You ask your brain to move a part of your body for you...then your brain moves it. You control your brain to control you. Simple as that.

benm said...

I thought you said you were putting all of the study guide stuff on here? Nevermind then. :P

Anonymous said...

hahaha i agree with nikki... i like these kind of qeustions rather then what does the torah mean to christians :)

openbook said...

i believe that your brain controls the thoughtless aspects of you or the things that happen naturally without thought involved. For example breathing, your heart beating, blinking, ect. In addition, the fight or flight response. But other than that, i believe you control your brain. You choose what to say, what to think, whether to punch someone or not...it doesn't just naturally happen. You make your brain send the messages to have those things happen.